Wednesday, 19 September 2012

☆.D.I.Y Ankara Top & OOTN.☆

A couple of weeks ago I was let down by my tailor (as usual) who failed to produce an ankara dress for me, so I took it upon myself to sew something myself, a top. I only had around 6 hours to complete the top so I went with something simple that wouldn't take too much time to complete. I've never really had experience with sewing (apart from my textiles class in year 10 which I never paid attention in lol) so this was more an easy way to do it without any patterns.

Here's how I did it:

Step 1:
Trace around desired top twice for the front and back (I added length and sleeves to mine also).


 Step 2:
I cut a low scoop neckline for the front of the top.

Step 3:
Then a higher neckline for the back of the top.

 Step 4:
I then placed the two pieces together (wrong side) and pined them together ready for sewing.

Step 5:
 I sewed along the bottom, sides and shoulders remembering to leave the neck and arm free.

And the RESULT!

I added a thin belt just to make the top more flattering...





Now for the OOTD, making an appearance is my aunty as usual who got her dress sewn by her tailor..





Dress: Tailor
Belt: Primark
Bag: Unknown
Shoes: Next








Top: D.I.Y
Belt: New look
Clutch Bag: ASOS
Pencil Skirt: ASOS
Shoes: Primark
Earrings: Primark
Bracelets: H&M



Until next time guys...Peace & God bless

11 comments:

  1. wooow..I love it.well dne hun ""..you're very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww wow thank you girl! Really appreciate your luv xx

      Delete
  2. so cute..you and that top! love your glasses btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank ya!! ahh they where from this stall in westfields NYC i think..

      Delete
  3. I really like the top alot
    thecloudgalaxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, that top is awesome, and your Aunt looked really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely....and guess what? i know u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Really how do you know me? lol

      Delete
    2. thru goke :d

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...